[asterisk-dev] patlooptest tool on DAHDI

Marco Signorini marcotasto at libero.it
Tue Mar 3 17:42:26 CST 2009

Hi All,

I've recently installed a TE121P on a server. Before going in production
I would like to test the card. I found the patlooptest tool in latest
2.1.0.2 DAHDI snapshot and I tried to run it following the suggestions
found on Digium website http://kb.digium.com/entry/138/
Running the tool I've a lot of errors. I tried to understand what
happens and I found something strange on the patlooptest I can't understand.
The tool skips the first 10 packets then starts to analyze what is
received. The tool assumes that at the beginning of the 10th packet
there will be something good. For what I can see dumping the packets my
board receives, this is not always true: sometimes the packets to
discard are less than 10, sometime more than 10.

So I've modified the code adding two functions: the first one adds a
signature (four bytes 0x55AA55AA) to the first packet sent; the second
one recognize this signature inside received packets and returns the
byte offset where the signature ends. The tool will discard all received
packets until a valid signature is found, then it will start to analyze
all incoming packets. I've attached the code to this e-mail.

With these modifications I think I'm now able to find the beginning of
the stream. Unfortunately I still have troubles. On some received packet
there are burst values filled with 0xFF. I don't understand what I'm
doing wrong and, for this reason, I ask to someone know better the DAHDI
subsystem to help me to understand if there is something wrong with my
board and/or server and, of course if required, to help me to fix the
patlooptest tool.

I'm using DAHDI 2.1.0.4 on OpenSuse 11.1 and the board TE121B (with echo
can onboard). The configuration I've is set to E1 mode.

What I'm missing?? Is there someone would help me, please?

Thank you and best regards,
Marco Signorini

INGEGNI Tech S.r.l.
http://www.ingegnitech.com