[asterisk-dev] Feedback requested for future 1.6 API

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Mar 2 18:16:17 CST 2009

On Monday 02 March 2009 06:18:22 am Nicolas Chapleau wrote:
> AFAIAC, I prefer good ol' HTML pages for documentation as well as a single
> repository (web site). Why not update the voip-info wiki to include a
> section on changes from 1.4 to 1.6 and update it as requested? This way
> it's dynamic (if someone updates it), simple and there's only one place to
> go. My 2 cents worth.

While voip-info.org may be a place where it gets replicated, I'd prefer not
using that site for official documentation.  Asterisk.org would certainly be
a better place, but in general, documentation that relates to specific
releases should always be included with the release itself.  As to the format,
that really is left up to the implementer, as there are advocates for every
single format available for documentation, but nothing substitutes for the
willingness of an individual to actually put pen to paper and write the
documentation.  I'd rather have every individual advocating a particular
format to write the documentation in that format and have too much
documentation than to specify a format that nobody has time to learn and
having none.

--
Tilghman