[asterisk-dev] Board Driver development

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 25 03:10:21 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:29:40AM +0400, Nikolaev Oleg wrote:
> Thank you for advice. Are there any document with description of Asterisk
> architecture, internal mechanisms?  It would be more helpful for us because
> our cards so much differs from  Digium cards - our cards contain built-in
> echo cancellation, different codecs processing, DTMF detectors, functions
> for fax resources and so on.

Just to point out the obvious: chan_dahdi supports echo cancellation
done by the lower layer (it may be done in software or hardware, but
Asterisk is not aware of such details), optional hardware DTMF detection
and a whooping selection of at least two codecs (mu-law and alaw.
Anybody encountered G.729 on PRI? H.264 is still not supported, sadly)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com