[asterisk-dev] followme and language

Clod Patry cpatry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 01:44:24 CDT 2009

hi,
when I saw https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15372, it remembered me
that a lot of friends are reporting problem like that with FollowMe.

So I'm like, do we really want the other channel (which receives the
followme call), to be inherited from the caller?
I clearly see case where we should and some where that case could be just
perfect.

I wrote a patch to add a language option in meetme, and the user Romik
pointed that the option language was in too many place.
I still think that language option in a followme context is valid, since
there's some place where's its impossible to know which language is the
destination whatever we use users.conf, sip.conf, dahdi, etc.

ex.

[clod]
number=5145551234
language=fr

[david]
number=5145559876
number=4185551234
language=en

In this way, we make sure each call Clod is receiving, he will hear the
prompts in french no matter the language  which is invoking the FollowMe()
app.
Same for english for 2 David's phone (home and cell for example), since he's
english, i dont see why we would want to set his language to the inhereted
channel(for example, the channel's caller is spanish).
And I think it's impossible to predict clod or david's language.

Feedback? Comments?

--
Clod Patry