[asterisk-dev] T1 sip 500ms or 1s ?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Thu Jun 18 12:41:46 CDT 2009

Eduardo Nunes Pereira wrote:
> But, do the "qualify" equal "yes" have a influence over that rule ?
> forgive my knowledge about asterisk internals, but "qualify" option is
> used to send OPTIONS packages ? [ qualify=no ]
>
> And the first retry of REGISTER after expire time continues with delay
> 1000ms

qualify sends OPTIONS requests to the peer. The time taken to respond to the
OPTIONS is used as timer T1. If you do not have qualify enabled, then Asterisk
uses a default of 500 ms for T1.

Asterisk appears to be scheduling its first retransmission of requests after 2 *
T1 instead of just using T1. This same logic is used for all request types that
may be retransmitted.

Mark Michelson