[asterisk-dev] T1 sip 500ms or 1s ?

Eduardo Nunes Pereira eduardonunesp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:14:55 CDT 2009

Hi, i'm a developer of Disc-OS a PBXIP distro to Brazilian market, this is
my first time here, and recently i started to debug SIP protocol in
Asterisk, and monitoring with WireShark. i'm really curious about the fact
of T1 retransmit the REGISTER in 1 second not in 500ms (RFC 3261).
I'm a not telephony expert, but the scenario is:

A Asterisk SIP Trunk trying to register in my desktop, but port 5060 is
unavailable, then monitoring with Wireshark, i see the SIP packs trying to
retransmit in 1 second the first retransmission.

anyone saw some issue like that ? or my version is old ? (asterisk-1.4.24.1)

--
Eduardo Nunes Pereira
email: eduardonunesp at gmail.com