[asterisk-dev] Deadlock between two threads

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Jun 15 08:49:39 CDT 2009

Laurent Steffan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been debugging Asterisk's directed pickup and I have found a
> deadlock between two threads involved in performing the pickup.
>
> I have some ideas (not necessarily good ones) on how to solve the
> deadlock and would like to discuss them with any interested parties
> before submitting a patch. What's the best way to proceed ? this list ?
> or the #asterisk-dev IRC channel ? or something else ?
>
> Thanks
> Laurent

What you should do is fill out an issue report at https://issues.asterisk.org.
There you can show where the deadlock is and your proposed solution. Because of
licensing concerns, it is important that all proposed code is uploaded on the
issue tracker since it has a licensing system in place.

Thanks!
Mark Michelson