[asterisk-dev] The PGSQL installation appears to be missing or broken.

Joel Jn-Francois voirtech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:29:57 CDT 2009

Hi guys,

I am using Centos 5 (64 bits) and asterisk 1.6.1 and I am trying to
configure asterisk to use postgresql.  I have installed all the necessary
postgresql files and postgres seem to be working fine.  Here are the
postgres files I have installed successfully using yum.:

postgresql-server-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1
postgresql-libs-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1
postgresql-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1
postgresql-devel-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1
postgresql-libs-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1
postgresql-devel-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1

I am using the following commands to configure asterisk with postgres.
However, I keep getting an error "The PGSQL installation appears to be
missing or broken."

./configure --with-postgres

or

./configure --with-postgres=/usr/

checking for mandatory modules:  PGSQL... fail
The PGSQL installation appears to be missing or broken.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Joel