[asterisk-dev] handling system commands in AMI

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Jun 5 07:54:21 CDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Nánássy Dániel wrote:
> there is a bug (or a missing feature?) with the Command action. It
> does not handle the "!" command (e.g. Action: Command\r\nCommand: !
> echo "something"; sleep 5\r\n\r\n), however this system command can
> be exectuted in cli.
>
> I made a patch which solves this issue, but before I place a bug
> report, I would like to ask you wheter was there a discussion about
> this or this feature is missing by design.

This feature is left out intentionally for security reasons.

Of course, there are other ways to execute system commands through the
AMI in a more round about way by setting up dialplan and originating
calls.  However, there are ways to limit access to those things.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead