[asterisk-dev] Segfault on unloading chan_h323 compiled with ptlib 2.4.2 and h323plus

Faidon Liambotis paravoid at debian.org
Wed Jun 3 18:25:24 CDT 2009

Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
> When the support for h323plus was announced for Asterisk 1.4.25, I tried
> to build this support in Asterisk. For this, I checked out the h323plus
> CVS from SourceForge, which reported version 1.20.beta5, and also the
> ptlib-2.4.2 source RPM from Fedora 10. I finally managed to build a
> chan_h323 for Asterisk 1.4.25, which apparently loads correctly, but now
> I see that I get a segfault whenever I issue the command "module unload
> chan_h323", or "stop gracefully". I have yet to file a bug on either
> Asterisk or h323plus because I believe this to be my own error in
> configuration, rather than an intrinsic bug in chan_h323. Does anyone
> else have chan_h323 running with h323plus? If so, how did you compile
> your support? Have you experienced the segfault on shutdown?
This quite an old bug, from the openh323 days.

I debugged it as far as I could on
	http://bugs.debian.org/438815
(including a full explanation & test case)

And reported it over to openh323 developers:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1800574&group_id=80674&atid=560612

Regards,
Faidon