[asterisk-dev] dlclose() on Dynamic Loader

Faidon Liambotis paravoid at debian.org
Wed Jun 3 18:20:32 CDT 2009

Hi,

The following was written (and sent, at least to some people) on October
2007. I'm not sure if the issues still stand, I know at least that
r183241 addressed what I describe in (a).

I'm pretty sure though that if H.323 is enabled, the asterisk binary
still links with libopenh323 instead of chan_h323 dlopen()ing it,
because of outstanding issues of the library when it dlclose()ing.

I'll try to find the time and rewrite the logic behind the dynamic
module loader of Asterisk to address all of these issues; however, 1½
years passed and I didn't, so it's obvious I can't promise anything.

========