[asterisk-dev] Segfault on unloading chan_h323 compiled with ptlib 2.4.2 and h323plus

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Tue Jun 2 14:16:12 CDT 2009

When the support for h323plus was announced for Asterisk 1.4.25, I tried
to build this support in Asterisk. For this, I checked out the h323plus
CVS from SourceForge, which reported version 1.20.beta5, and also the
ptlib-2.4.2 source RPM from Fedora 10. I finally managed to build a
chan_h323 for Asterisk 1.4.25, which apparently loads correctly, but now
I see that I get a segfault whenever I issue the command "module unload
chan_h323", or "stop gracefully". I have yet to file a bug on either
Asterisk or h323plus because I believe this to be my own error in
configuration, rather than an intrinsic bug in chan_h323. Does anyone
else have chan_h323 running with h323plus? If so, how did you compile
your support? Have you experienced the segfault on shutdown?

My first try had libh323_linux_x86_64_n.so linked dynamically, but it
also segfaults after static linking of ptlib and h323plus into
chan_h323. So this is not being solved with static linking.

--
perl -e '$x=2.3;printf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'