[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] IAX timer not loading

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jun 2 13:54:02 CDT 2009

Russell Bryant wrote:

> Hm ... what if we added a new module flag, AST_MODFLAG_LOAD_ORDER, that
> specifies that the module is providing a requested load order
> identifier.  Also, the load order field could be put at the end of the
> ast_module_info struct.  That way, we wouldn't try to access it unless
> we knew it was there.
>
> So, with that said, I think it's a great idea if we do something like
> this that is ABI safe.  :-)

This is a good way to handle it indeed. Nothing needs to know the size
of the structure for any other reason, so this should work just fine. We
could make it some sort of 'version' flag so that future changes are
logically inclusive of previous changes, but that's just a semantic issue.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com