No subject

Sun Jul 19 19:54:31 CDT 2009

we never put another device on hold. What's happening from a technichal=
 standpoint is that we receive a hold request and we alert the pbx and the =
pbx will play musiconhold on the bridged channel - if it's configured t=
o do that.<br>

Now, an AMI command can send a AST_CONTROL_HOLD message to a channel and fo=
rce musiconhold until the channel is released from hold. What do we now do =
with the other end of the bridge? It might still send voice frames.<br>

In order to implement this, we need to find out what to do with a channel w=
ithout a bridge, one that&#39;s involved in a bridge and one that is not in=
 up state at all (ringing).<br>
A transfer is more clean, because then you will have to make a decision abo=
ut what to do with each call.<br>
Another option would be to implement a SIP remote hold option, where we act=
ually request a hold on a SIP call, and send a AST_CONTROL_HOLD frame acros=
s the bridge. This can also be done in ISDN I guess, but I can&#39;t answer=
 for the rest of the channels.<br>

In this case you would send ami_hold action on a channel where you want Ast=
erisk to request a hold and entertain the other end of the bridge with musi=
c (if there&#39;s a bridge).<br>
So, what&#39;s your opinion on this long essay? What do you really want to =
do? :-)<br>
/O<br>