No subject

Sun Jul 19 19:54:31 CDT 2009

something I did not understand though, is why not create a regular SIP call
instead of a dummy call (that is calling ast_request(), ast_call() etc to a
configured SIP peer), then anything read from the monitored channel would be
sent using ast_write() and audio coming back from the SIP call would be
silently discarded ( may be you decided is a waste? ).

As I said, however, this thought I had was more oriented to using it inside
mix monitor with audio hooks sending the mixed audio already to the
monitoring SIP call (or any other asterisk tech channel for that matter)
instead of writing it to a file.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com

--001636c5b9d22b30210475608189

Seem like my past msg did not go thru .... second attempt ....<br><br><div =
class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0=
 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"><div><div class=3D"gm=
ail_quote">
8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">At the moment the code bas=
ically works and now I want to figure out how<br>
ght be a silly question and I&#39;m sure you had contemplated this option b=
efore, but I&#39;d like to know what made you discard it (notice I am not f=
amiliar with res_monitor and this suggestion is more oriented to mix monito=
r/audio hooks).=C2=A0</div>
a cool project to me, something I did not understand though, is why not cre=
ate a regular SIP call instead of a dummy call (that is calling ast_request=
(), ast_call() etc to a configured SIP peer), then anything read from the m=
onitored channel would be sent using ast_write() and audio coming back from=
 the SIP call would be silently discarded ( may be you decided is a waste? =
).=C2=A0</div>
d to using it inside mix monitor with audio hooks sending the mixed audio a=
lready to the monitoring SIP call (or any other asterisk tech channel for t=
hat matter) instead of writing it to a file.=C2=A0</div>
arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; border-collapse: collapse; ">--=C2=A0<b=
r>Moises Silva<br>Software Developer<br>Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIn=
tosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3 Canada<br>
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e.=C2=A0<a href=3D"mailto:moy at sangoma.com" target=
=3D"_blank" style=3D"color: rgb(66, 99, 171); ">moy at sangoma.com</a></span><=
/div></div></div>

--001636c5b9d22b30210475608189--