[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP: Re-send non-100 provisional responses every 60 seconds until a final response is sent

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jul 28 02:03:33 CDT 2009

21 jul 2009 kl. 01.03 skrev Mark Michelson:

>> Basically it will re-send the last non-100 1xx message that has
>> been sent, defaulting to 183 Session Progress w/ no SDP if no
>> non-100 provisional messages have been sent, until a final response
>> is sent.

A 100 trying should always have been sent. I don't agree with sending
a 183, because that assumes that you've actually have gotten a
progress indication from the other end.
Can't we just repeat 100 trying or is that against someting in the RFC?

Hmm. Should be able to ask someone at the IETF tomorrow....
/O