[asterisk-dev] Fwd: Inquiry abount Asterisk "extensions.conf"

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sun Jul 26 01:16:47 CDT 2009

Dear Hadi,
  please find my comments inserted to your quoted text.

> Dear Pavel
> This is exactly what we want but you didn't provide us with details on how
> to implement it . Please let me to explain it a little bit more :
> We are as an Asterisk pbx , supporting ISDN PRI interface , are being
> connected to an Huawei switch that supports V5 . There is an softswitch in
> between that provides translation between us .Here is a simplified flowgraph
> of interconnection :
>
> POTS < --- > IP DECT (PRI) < --- > S.S. (V5) < --- > LX (Huawei)

What I don't understand is, which part of the chain Asterisk is in. OK, let's
suppose that it's between the POTS and IP DECT (PRI), as Asterisk cannot handle
V5 (yet ? :-) ).

> What we want to implement is as the followings :
>
> Step 1. Subs goes off hook
>
> ----------------- > (Setup)                -------------------- > Establish
>
> < ---------------   (ACK )     < ------------------     Establish_ACK
>
>                                               < -----------------
>    Allocation_TS
>
>                                               ------------------- >
> Allocation_Comp
>
> Step.2 Subs dials digits (e.g. 665 0000)
>
> ----------------- > (Info ?6?)            -------- > Signal
>
> < --------------     (Info_ACK)         < ------    ACK
>
> The same procedure for the remaining digits , as the followings :
>
> ---------------- > (?6?)
>
> ---------------- > (?5?)
>
> ---------------- > (?0?)
>
> ---------------- > (?0?)
>
> ---------------- > (?0?)
>
> ---------------- > (?0?)
>
> < --------------   ( ANS )
>
> As you see from the above diagram , the Huawei switch really sees us as an
> access equipment so he expects to receive the digits one-by-one .

The scenario is clear to me.

> Can you please confirm if our understanding is right if we try to write the
> following code?

No, you didn't understand exactly, but my hint wasn't exact too, because I
didn't have all the information. It looks that you want to seize the PRI trunk
even before the first digit is dialled, i.e. without any number analysis. In
this case, try this:

exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/g1)

It looks that it will do what you want - as soon as the Start extension is
entered, it seizes the PRI trunk and lets all the dialling be processed in
overlap mode. It should work without Answer() for the POTS stations, so you
will get a real answer from the PRI B-side. Maybe you can put Progress()
as the first command, it may be more correct. You can experiment with this.
If you need more help, don't hesitate to contact me (maybe we can omit the
developers mailing list from our further conversation).

> Exten =>s,1,Answer
>
> Exten=>s,n,WaitExten
>
> Exten=>s,n,WaitExten
>
> Exten=>s,n,WaitExten
>
> Exten=>s,n,WaitExten
>
> Exten=>s,n,WaitExten
>
> Exten=>s,n,WaitExten
>
> Exten=>6650000,1,macro(dialuser,Zap/g1/${EXTEN},${EXTEN})
>
> Sorry for my lengthy message as I want to provide more details .
>
> Regards
>
> H.Motamedi

With regards,
  Pavel Troller