[asterisk-dev] Is this a "bug" or a feature?

Kai Hoerner kai at ciphron.de
Tue Jul 21 09:54:18 CDT 2009

hi alan,

to make the answer short: this is totally normal.
the term "extension" has multiple meanings in asterisk.

a) your phones as extensions of your PBX
b) "extension" as part of the logic in your dialplan

in asterisk an extension is b)..
your phones are devices / channels / sip peers.

if you want to know which phone answered the call, you may want to parse
the channel argument..
or do custom CDRs as Klaus suggested.

regards,
kaii