[asterisk-dev] Codec preference

Mitesh Thakkar mail.mthakkar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:42:24 CDT 2009

Hello guys,

My architecture is something like, phone1 <-> asterisk1 <-> asterisk2 <->
phone2.

Phone1's call (with codec1,codec2,codec3) come to asterisk1.
Asterisk1 dial to (with codec pref of asterisk2's peer on asterisk1)
asterisk2.
asterisk2 dial to phone2 same way.

In this case if phone1's codec pref is not matching with codec pref of
asterisk2's peer on asterisk1 then it will do transcoding on asterisk1.
same way it will happened on asterisk2 as well.
I don't want that any asterisk do transcoding.
How can i achieve that.
How and where i can modify asterisk for that.
Please advise..

Regards,