[asterisk-dev] local_indicate ringing on answered channel

dimas at dataart.com dimas at dataart.com
Tue Jul 14 05:05:46 CDT 2009

Well, if you agree that default behavior should be to pass indications, can we somehow progress with https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14709 which is 4 months old? :=)

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Russell Bryant
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:48 AM
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] local_indicate ringing on answered channel

Marcus Hunger wrote:
> So, does anybody have a (final) opinion on this one? Do you think it works
> correctly right now?

Now that I understand the situation, I agree that it would make sense to
have chan_local allow inband tones to be generated.  I think it would
make sense to add another Local dial string option to control how
indications are handled.  By default, they should be passed through.
However, when this option is on for a situation like this, inband
indications should be used.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software