[asterisk-dev] strange T.38 passthrough behavior with directrtp

Tue Jul 14 04:37:50 CDT 2009

Hi!

I have a production server with Asterisk 1.4.23 and directrtp. reINVITE
to T.38 (pass-through) works fine.

But if the call is over and one of the channels receive BYE, the other
channel reINVITEs back to RTP before sending the BYE. This is strange
and not needed.

Even worse is it if this reINVITE is rejected with 488 - then Asterisk
drops the second channel withouth sending BYE.

I have read through the changelog and it seems there wasn't any fix for
this issue.

I looked at chan_sip but could not find the code where this reINVITE
before BYE is triggered.

Can someone please refer me to the place in chan_sip where this happens?

thanks
Klaus