[asterisk-dev] Asterisk v1.6.0.10 broken ? Channel auto hangup...

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Jul 10 09:49:36 CDT 2009

Serge Berney wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>

> I’m using, compiled from source, Asterisk v1.6.0.10.
>
> All is working excepted when user is calling, after a while,
> communication hang-up without error ! L
>

> Ø  I receive a lot of “Unable to parse INFO message … with no human
> readable content” is that normal ?

After looking at the code, I wouldn't necessarily call such a situation "normal"
but it is guaranteed that if you see the "Unable to parse INFO message" that the
content will be garbage. This is because the buffer is guaranteed to be
uninitialized at the point that message prints. What's really strange is that
there is a line of code commented out above that warning message that would
populate the buffer with real content. This same line is commented out in the
1.4 releases you mentioned, too, so I would expect you to see the same error there.

This message is printed if you are trying to send an INFO request with a
Content-Type that is not understood by Asterisk.

> Ø  What can I activate to enable more deep debug trace ?

"sip set debug on" will print all SIP messages that Asterisk receives and sends.
  You can also try playing with the core debug level, but I don't know that it
will necessarily help here.

> Ø  Is there any known bug on chan_sip about this issue ?

Nothing that I know of, but you can check https://issues.asterisk.org to see if
there are other issues that seem similar.

Mark Michelson