[asterisk-dev] ast_careful_fwrite: fflush() returned error: Broken pipe

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat Jan 31 11:36:59 CST 2009

On Jan 31, 2009, at 4:46 AM, Chris Maciejewski wrote:

> My * SVN-branch-1.6.1-r171966M.
>
> When originating a call (via AMI) and bridging two LOCAL channels I am
> seeing the following error in the console:
>
> [Jan 31 10:37:03] ERROR[18420]: utils.c:1198 ast_careful_fwrite:
> fflush() returned error: Broken pipe
>
> Is this something to worry about?

How are you using the AMI in this case?  Is it a persistent
connection, or do you connect just to send the originate command and
then disconnect immediately?

It's probably not a real problem.  However, I would definitely like to
investigate further to make sure and at the least, fix it so the error
message doesn't come up under normal circumstances.  If you don't
mind, let's track this on bugs.digium.com.

Thanks!

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead