[asterisk-dev] Asterisk RFC2833 SDP fmtp 0-16?

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 30 10:38:13 CST 2009

30 jan 2009 kl. 17.34 skrev Kristian Kielhofner:

> RFC2833 section 3.9 - 16 is "Flash".  Would Asterisk ever send such an
> event?  Why advertise it in the SDP?  How does Asterisk process such
> events?

There was some work to add FLASH support to RFC2833 earlier. Did you
check main/rtp.c?

THis is a development mailing list, so of course you did... :-)

For the others:

        } else if (event < 17) {        /* Event 16: Hook flash */
                 resp = 'X';

So we convert it on incoming and pass it over the bridge to the
other side. Which is what we advertise.

Case closed happily. Lmadsen dances a small happy dance.

/O