[asterisk-dev] chan_sip SIP Authentication

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Jan 28 02:12:51 CST 2009

28 jan 2009 kl. 01.58 skrev Philipp Kempgen:

> Klaus Darilion schrieb:
>> I recently had the same problem.
>>
>> One solution is to define everything as sip "peer" - also the sIP
>> clients.
>>
>> This does not work out of the box if you use users.conf for user
>> provisioning. For this case I have submitted a patch (which was
>> rejected
>> as users.conf must not be flexible :-)
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14188
>>
>> I think changing the priority (peer before user) might be a
>> solution as
>> well. Actually if someone uses "peers" for gateways and "users" for
>> SIP
>> clients IMO the gateways should have higher priority. Another
>> matching
>> option would be the order in sip.conf.
>
> Yeah, something needs to be done here.
> Changing the order to match peers by IP address first seems to
> work.

Well, for people who really want to break stuff, we can implement this
with an option to turn it on. It will be off by default.

But the recommendation still stands: You shalt not mix namespaces.

You will confuse yourself and, if you are a service provider,
reveal phone numbers in signalling that in some cases are supposed
to be hidden. In Sweden, that will even be against regulation.

It took me more than four years to get the patch to accept name
matching on peers to be accepted and implemented. That's the big,
huge, issue with kill-the-user in 1.6.1. No more need for users. Use
peers, be happy.

/O