[asterisk-dev] Newbie Developer Resource?

Nicolas Chapleau nicchap at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 07:39:48 CST 2009

Dave,

   the best place for these types of "dev" questions would be the asterisk-users list. This list is devoted to more in depth Asterisk core development such as new features, bug fixes and so on.

A quick reply to your question however would be Yes to AGI. Also make sure you check two great publications:

1) The Future of Telephony, second edition http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510480/index.html
2) http://www.packtpub.com/asterisk-gateway-interface-programming/book (new)

NicChap.