[asterisk-dev] SIP channel/owner question

Fri Jan 23 09:52:57 CST 2009

Russell Bryant schrieb:
> On Jan 21, 2009, at 4:32 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
>> In SIP channel I have an struct ast_channel *ast. So, what is the
>> difference between:
>>
>> ast->hangupcause
>> and
>> ast->tech_pvt->owner->hangupcause
>
> Assuming you're talking about "ast" as a parameter to a channel
> technology callback, ast and ast->tech_pvt->owner should be the same
> thing.

When is the owner set?

When an incoming INVITE is rejected with Hangup(1); ast->hangupcause is
set. But the function __transmit_response adds X-Asterisk-Hangupcause
according to ast->tech_pvt->owner->hangupcause. But as owner=NULL, the
header will not be added.

At least this is the behavior of 1.4.23. Should I open a bug report?

klaus