[asterisk-dev] Adding Bluetooth Pairing Support to chan_mobile

Matthew Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Thu Jan 22 12:16:24 CST 2009

Hi,

Recently it occurred to me that bluetooth paring support, might be a
useful feature to have in chan_mobile.  Currently you are required to
manage device pairing outside of chan_mobile, which usually means
configuring and managing an external program.  Most of the pairing
agents that I have seen are also interactive (for the initial pairing
exchange), which is not suited for a server environment.  A pairing
agent could be built into chan_mobile and a 'pin=' option added to
mobile.conf to simplify pairing chan_mobile devices.

I would like to know if adding this functionality to chan_mobile is a
good idea or not.
--
Matthew Nicholson
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer