[asterisk-dev] AEL macro backward compatibility for 1.6

Dmitry Andrianov dimas at dataart.com
Mon Jan 19 11:09:06 CST 2009

Steve,
Sorry I was not very clear really.

My idea was to change _runtime_ behavior of Macro application. So the order in which modules were loaded is not important anyway - since we about to execute Macro, the loading is complete already. This way you can put:

        exten => xxx,n,Macroq(ael-macro)

into dialplan as well as to use features like:

        myfeature => #,self,Macro,ael-macro2

In both cases [deprecated] Macro application actually gets executed but uses Gosub internally.

Regards,
Dmitry Andrianov