[asterisk-dev] i extension does not match on initial context - bug or not?

Dmitry Andrianov dimas at dataart.com
Fri Jan 9 14:10:44 CST 2009

>This (or the 'special =>' suggested below) would be a problem for someone
>who actually needs both normal and the special extensions to match on
>some specific extension.
>
>Is there actually any such use case?

Why would someone need it?
Just cannot imagine why this may be needed.

Anyway, you still can do:

exten => i,1,GoTo(common-i,1);
special => i,1,GoTo(common-i,1);
special => common-i,1,Noop(will get here for both)

So user could define his own special extensions.
Maybe it worth making special extensions reachable from local contexts only so another box cannot dial into IAX2/xxx/s even if context has it etc. Just thoughts.