[asterisk-dev] [design] Realtime changes

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Jan 7 16:54:22 CST 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 06:49:57 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > This was proposed with the ast_storage branch awhile back.
> > Unfortunately, it never got the attention that it needed.  This extension
> > of realtime is an attempt to get the concept of this to a state where the
> > ast_storage project might no longer be necessary.
>
> I don't think that is possible; the ast_storage idea encompassed much
> more than what Realtime can do today, or could likely do in the future.

Realtime, now, though, includes a capability that I had planned on using which
is helpful.  Namely, it's the adaptive capability that allows new versions to
specify new fields to be stored (or not) depending upon whether a space for
the new property exists or not.  We already have a facility within realtime
that specifies what fields must exist within the storage type and may take
alternative actions if the backend does not comply.

The other part of this is that we already define a realtime class called
"voicemail_data" which is used for a portion of operations, just not all of
them.  It's the inconsistency that bugs me.

--
Tilghman