[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Queue SIP requests/responses that cannot be immediately processed.

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Tue Jan 6 23:08:34 CST 2009

Kevin!

This is a change that we've needed for a long time. I have highly
untested code that somewhere implements two queues, one for "calls"
and another for subscriptions and registrations. These two are
fundamentally different and I thought it could solve a lot of issues
I've seen with subscriptions on higher end systems.

Let's start with this generic queue and test the effects. The locking
in the SIP channel in combination with the locking in the core is,
well, not clearly coded and especially in 1.6 with multiple sockets we
need to sort out the effects of this change. Do we need one queue per
socket or one queue for all sockets? If we sort that out properly, we
cold solve many more issues than the particular one you found on this
system.

However I don't see why we should integrate it into 1.4. Care to
comment about that? I think it's a bit too massive change for release
code and would suggest that we test it very hard in many kind of
situations in trunk or a branch first.

/O