[asterisk-dev] RTP interop with Sonus: hack

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:30:56 CST 2009

On 1/5/09, Kristian Kielhofner <kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>   I'm dealing with some Sonus equipment and I've run into the infamous
>  Sonus RTP timestamp problem.
>
>   A brief overview for those who might not be familiar:
>
>   Sonus gateways will discard ANY RTP packets that have the same
>  timestamp, even if they are completely different and have the sequence
>  number properly incremented.  This is in violation of various RFCs.
>  Try to get Sonus to do anything about it...

Replying to myself...

One more thing.  BIG thanks to anthm @ FreeSwitch for originally
identifying and describing this issue.  I found it while randomly
browsing through their bug tracker a couple of weeks ago.  As luck
would have it I find myself up against this issue (with Asterisk) now.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org