[asterisk-dev] Apple TV and Asterisk - who was it?

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Thu Jan 1 12:41:08 CST 2009

On Jan 1, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> 17 dec 2008 kl. 00.43 skrev John Todd:
>

>> I know I've talked with someone on IRC or in person about deploying
>> Asterisk on the Apple TV platform.  Can you throw me a message off-
>> list if you've done such a project?  The low-cost nature of the Apple
>> TV plus the video out features would be a really interesting
>> combination for Asterisk to support if there are OSS tools to glue it
>> all together.
>
> Going through old mails - I remember Steve putting out a bounty out
> there
> for Asterisk on Apple TV. What happened?
>
> Happy new year, friends!
>
> /O

Steve found a taker pretty quickly, apparently:

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2007/04/02/install-asterisk-on-apple-tv/

More:
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/asterisk/asterisk-on-apple-tv-tutorial.asp
http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/2007/04/run_asterisk_on_an_apple_tv.html

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/