[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] app_read does not break from prompt loop with empty string

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Fri Feb 27 11:01:42 CST 2009

> This is a community patch and I'm not sure I agree with it.  When
> multiple ampersand-delimited prompts are passed to app_read, pressing
> # (without pressing other DTMF keys) merely cycles through the prompts
> until it reaches the last one. Then it will *finally* skip that prompt
> and return to the dialplan.  It would be nice if # returned to the
> dialplan immediately without cycling through the rest of the
> prompts.

I'm curious as to your reasons for not liking the patch, as that was my
original intention when I talked somebody (don't remember now) into
making app_read handle multiple prompts.  If you have a disagreement,
let us know what it is so it will foster some discussion!

--
Jared Smith
Digium, Inc. | Training Manager