[asterisk-dev] usbb3g progress

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Fri Feb 27 08:53:42 CST 2009

I now pretty much have it all sewn up, these final questions may be user
questions rather than dev questions; if so, please forgive me.

I can dial a number to get the FXS side of the USBB3G which gives me a
dial tone on the PSTN. If my IP handset uses DTMF dialing - then I can
dial - otherwise I can't. What sort of tricks are required to get
asterisk to generate DTMF for RFC#### dialing handsets?

Ideally I would like to not even get the PSTN dial tone but have
asterisk do the dialing for me. Do I need to do anything to handle these
cases in my channel driver, (like looking at and parsing "dest" and then
persuading asterisk to emit the tones) or is it a matter of
extensions.conf and the like?

Finally (and this is technical) macros like this:
  exten => incoming,1,Answer()
  exten => incoming,n(exten),Background(vm-enter-num-to-call)
  exten => incoming,n,WaitExten(5)

work when called from an IP phone, but when dialed in on the analog line
the audio is very garbled - but yet the audio is fine if an IP phone
answers the analog line instead of these macros, so I'm not sure why the
audio would be garbled only for the macros.

I'm guessing it is two-way garbled because when I press DTMF buttons I
don't get connected.

Sam