[asterisk-dev] Dial() generating ringback until answer or early media

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 25 05:01:27 CST 2009

I've updated http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14504 to include option 'R'
but I've run out of evening here in NZ.

We are using Dial option 'r(tone)' which works better for us, as we need to
be able to signal 'Congestion' to the calling switch if Asterisk cannot
deliver the call.

Option 'R' will indicate 'Ringing' to the calling switch, which then will
not (in our case) failover on non delivery to the more expensive Telco
provider.

I was unable to exhaustively test the Early Media aspect.

Alec Davis