[asterisk-dev] Dial() generating ringback until answer or early media

Wed Feb 25 01:57:39 CST 2009

Alec Davis schrieb:
> I posted a patch yesterday http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14504 that
> allows you to play a ringback tone from indications.conf, I hadn't seen bug
> 10934. Maybe I've done some of the work already required, and are able to
> combine what you suggest this.

Yes, that sounds good. I think a new option is needed, e.g. e (like
early media).

e([tone]): If a tone is specified, it behaves like your current patch
and generates a certain tone. If tone is not specified, it will generate
the tone dynamically based on the control frames received on the
outgoing channel. (AST_CONTROL_RINGING -> ring, AST_CONTROL_CONGESTION
-> congestion)

thanks
klaus