[asterisk-dev] Asterisk scalability (was: Improve scheduler performance under high load)

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Feb 18 07:40:15 CST 2009

Leif Madsen escribió:
> Miguel Molina wrote:
>
>> Steve Murphy escribió:

>>> Interesting. What I've been doing is using shell commands
>>> to raise the limits on open file descriptors. Asterisk
>>> didn't seem to interfere; but that was like a year ago...
>>>

>> This is a pretty good option, but this is only a 1.6.X option right? It
>> seems like shell commands are still needed to raise the open file
>> descriptors limit on 1.4.X.
>>

> People are still using 1.4?! Jeebuz...
>
> (lighten up, I'm not trolling. I'm just entertaining myself :))
>
> Leif.

Well this is kinda offtopic, but then a key question comes to my head:
is asterisk 1.6 stable enough to use in a 24/7 production call center? I
am talking of several weeks of uptime with no crashes, deadlocks or
another issues. If it is, which branch of it? I've always thought of 1.6
as a development (new features, core changes) version, not a production
one. In my company there's some 1.2 still working out there to give you
an idea... so I think using 1.4 is just right for us at this time, with
a few backports of interesting 1.6 goodies.

By the way, I am trying to make things evolve faster here. ;)

Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología
Millenium Phone Center
PBX: (+57 1)6500800 ext. 1201