[asterisk-dev] Return values for ast_update_realtime and ast_store_realtime

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 18 03:56:23 CST 2009

Doing some work with the realtime system I note that the return values
for ast_update_realtime and ast_store_realtime doesn't seem to be
defined in config.h

With mysql, ast_update_realtime returns the number of rows affected,
so 0 is an error and 1 is good. -1 is an error.
ast_store_realtime returns 0 if everyting is good and -1 for a problem.

I haven't checked the other realtime drivers, but somehow get the
feeling that this might be something that needs to be documented or
standardized for different storage engines so that an application can
make a clear assumption of what happened.

/O