[asterisk-dev] RxFax doesn't receive anything -- done

tylmann asterisk at corvent.ch
Fri Feb 13 10:11:54 CST 2009

OK, this first part works, there was a line missing in sip.conf:
rtpkeepalive = 5
took me only 1.5 weeks to figure that out :-(
(strange: telephony works perfectly without that setting)

Second part works also: sending e-mails through the AGI-script
receive_fax (included in the asterisk-app-fax Ubuntu package)
Caution: the script depends on the following packages (at least under
Debian or Ubuntu):
- libfile-sync-perl
- libmime-lite-perl
- libconfig-tiny-perl
- libpaper-utils
- gs-common
- libtiff-tools
- psutils
- cupsys
- postfix (or any other smtp service)

if one of these packages isn't installed, the AGI script will stop
without any warning. wasn't really funny to debug this and find which
packages were missing. for any reason they aren't installed automatically.

if anybody is interested: I started writing a short tutorial (only
german yet, sorry) at
http://doku.corvent.ch/doku.php/asterisk/fax

--
tylmann

tylmann schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I'm afraid you really seem to be wrong. A friend of mine got it working through SIP, but I can't see any difference between our config's.
>
> Regards, tylmann
>

> Hoggins! schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I might be wrong, but I believe you can only receive fax through the
>> Zap / Dahdi interface, not through SIP.
>>
>>     Hoggins!
>>
>> tylmann a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I can't receive fax messages with the rxfax app. Everything seems to be
>>> installed and configured correctly (hope so).
>>> When it comes to receive a fax message, the rxfax app gets executed but
>>> doesn't do anything (see CLI output below). The fax device is only
>>> beeping, waiting for response. After 30 secs the fax device hangs up.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> I have asterisk 1.4.17 running with spandsp 0.0.4pre16 and
>>> agx-ast-addons 1.4.17.5
>>> I have also tried the Ubuntu standard packages (Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10)
>>> with asterisk-app-fax and got the same results.
>>>
>>> extensions.conf:
>>> exten => 0525111109,1,Answer()