[asterisk-dev] 1.4 and CDRs -- The Breaking Point

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Wed Feb 11 10:58:13 CST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 17:58 -0500, Alexander Lopez wrote:
> SNIP.....
>

> > > I feel that you should give as much detail as possible any well written
> > > billing program can take that information and run with it.
> > >
> > > Alex
> >

> > Alex--
> >
> > Oh, you'll love the Leg-Based CDR's when I've written it, then. As it
> > stands,
> > the CEL interface will allow you to specify the apps you want to track.
> > I'll
> > probably only hard-code the few apps that initiate dials with a
> > directive
> > to cut a CDR leg when they start.
> >
> > And, with one simple dialplan command, you can skip tracking apps
> > entirely,
> > and just split the CDRs where you want to mark time, and give them their
> > own types so you know what's going on.
> >
> > Really, that's the best. I can't imagine anyone wanting to track how
> > long
> > a channel spent executing a "goto" instruction, a "NoOp" app, etc...
> >
> > I may end up finding it practical to cut the CDR when ANY tracked
> > application
> > is run... we'll see...
> >
> > murf
> >
> > --
> > Steve Murphy <murf at digium.com>
>

> RE: Goto and NoOP, If a call is established it should be billed.
>
> Maybe you could just ignore the Applications themselves and hook into the
> MASQ function????

As to Goto and NoOp and suchlike, I might add that they ARE getting
included in the leg-times, but usually as part of some leg, and not
explicitly, all by themselves, in individual legs.

A predial leg might include background(), goto, noop, gotoIf,
etc app call times. But really, when perhaps a list of maybe 100
dialplan app calls occur, each executing in microseconds, what good will
it do, to have a leg for each, when the timestamps are rounded off
to the nearest second? You'd have a bunch of useless, uninteresting,
non-billable 0-time CDRs, that nobody would understand...

right?

As to the MASQ; So far, we haven't created a CEL event to describe
MASQ operations. To me, that's internal implementation details we can
skip over in CEL. At least, so far! The day may come when it will be
handy to record these events... but I'll be perfectly happy if it
never comes.

murf

--
Steve Murphy <murf at digium.com>