[asterisk-dev] per-channel gain control/gain/AGC

Kelvin Chan kelvinc at positronics.com
Tue Feb 10 14:29:18 CST 2009

> Steve Underwood wrote:
>
> > Do not ever ever ever try putting AGC in a telephone channel. It
> > messages up DTMF. It messes up echo cancellation. It messes up FAX. Not
> > only is it a disaster, but it should never be needed. What kind of
> > broken setup would require such a thing?
>
> In spite of that, Asterisk 1.6 offers a dialplan function that allows
> Speex denoising and/or AGC to be applied to a channel on demand. I'm not
>  sure why the OP couldn't find it, but it's there if someone wants it.

Thanks Kevin. Don't know why I kept thinking AGC must be implemented as an application and never thought about dialplan functions.

PS
Steve, not all AGC are evil. AGC can cause trouble when you put it in front of everything. Since we are talking about a soft PBX, you do get to choose where and when to engage AGC.

Kelvin Chan               | Positronics Ent.
Product Development       |
                          | unit 272
604-628-9330 (direct)     | 8128 128th St.
604-585-2119 at 104 (main)   | Surrey, BC
604-585-3056 (fax)        | Canada, V3W 1R1