[asterisk-dev] manager event conversion strategy

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Feb 10 13:30:02 CST 2009

On Feb 10, 2009, at 11:47 AM, Mark Michelson wrote:

> As another major part of manager2, which I had just started before I
> stopped
> working on the branch, I was going to allow for more fine-tuned event
> subscriptions for manager users. Since the Asterisk event system
> allows for
> subscribing to specific event types that contain certain IE values,
> it seems
> like it would not be especially difficult to pass this level of
> control to the
> user so that he may see only specific events under specific
> circumstances.

For the sake of the archive, I played around with writing a module
like this one day on some random trip.  I think it works, but there is
no authentication.  :-)  The interface uses XML encoding and is
accessible via TCP or TLS.  There is a comment near the top that shows
an example message exchange:

http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/russell/events/res/res_xmlevents.c?view=markup

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead