[asterisk-dev] 1.4 and CDRs -- The Breaking Point

Venefax venefax at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 14:37:07 CST 2009

The fact that Easysoft does not want to work with virtualization makes it a
useless product. Think about the economies of scale. I have several servers
with 16 cores and 128 GB of RAM, filled with Asterisk's virtual machines. I
calculated that going that route would cost my company over 1 million
dollars, versus zero with Freetds. What we do is wholesale trading. We
assign an independent Asterisk virtual machine to each client. We use a
cluster software provided by Proxmox, that allows us to relocate the virtual
environments when the machine needs to be taken down, etc. The technology
underneath the hood is OpenVZ, which has very little overhead. Please
suggest a better strategy and I will follow it. I have around 400 virtual
machines in my environment, in one single rack. I hope you don't think that
you can match this scenario with blades an still stay in one single rack.
I think that the British are royalists, even when writing software. We are
revolutionaries, even when applying technologies to make money. God save
Obama.