[asterisk-dev] SRTP support on 1.4.23.1 ?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Feb 6 07:49:09 CST 2009

Serge Berney wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the information, so how can I integrate SRTP to a running 1.4.23.1 iPBX ?
>
> What about SVN : http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/group/srtp/ ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Serge Berney
> Kin SA

That branch is where active SRTP development is taking place. Terry
Wilson recently did some extra work in that branch to ensure that things
behaved sanely. If I understand correctly, most of what needs to be done
there is handling difficult and odd scenarios that may arise during a
"secure" call.

One thing to mention is that the srtp group branch is based on the
current Asterisk trunk, not on the 1.4 branch, so using it is risky
since unfixed bugs are more likely to appear there than in a stable branch.

Mark Michelson