[asterisk-dev] Close IAX2 channel when there has been a silence

Chandrakant Solanki solanki.chandrakant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 23:23:21 CST 2009

Hi

In my case, when i create 2 / 3 conference with 2 / 3 user each with IAX
call.

When I disconnect all call, one of IAX channel may active....

So, for this i have to detect this IAX channel and close the channel when
there r no received or transmitted packages processed for x number of
minutes..

so should i go with chan_iax2.c file or some other file..??

I am using asterisk-1.6.0 with Cent OS 5.

Help Me...

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Steven S. Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>wrote:

> ----- "Chandrakant Solanki" <solanki.chandrakant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > *Hi*
> >
> > I am new to asterisk
> >
> > **
> >
> > *I would like to change IAX2 code...* and close the channel when there
> > are
> > no received or transmitted packages processed for x number of
> > minutes.
> >  How can i do this what necessary changes i have to do ..
>
> What you want to do is not really specific to the channel you are working
> with. While you may only want it for IAX right now, it is best for it to
> be a non channel specific implementation.
>
> So, you may want to look at the bridging area. There you have the audio
> stream and can detect silence. In fact, there is already code around for
> detecting silence you could use. Then you could determine when to tear
> down the bridge and that would end the call no matter what channel you
> have. Then you just need to give your code a way to be activated. Maybe
> part of a dial command or via channel variables. This way you can set
> it on just the IAX channels you are concerned with.
>
> I am pretty sure the channel agnostic way is your best bet on getting
> your changes merged into the main code repository and therefore maintained.
>
> --
> Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com

Regards,

Chandrakant Solanki