[asterisk-dev] Implementing priodic announces in Dial

Saúl Ibarra saghul at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:16:18 CST 2009

Hi all,

I'm thinking abount implementing (or at least trying to do it :) )
priodic announces in Dial application. I actually came to the need of
having some klnd of announcement to the caller whil he hears the
ringing  and I can't see how to do it without touching the code.

At first I tried it whith Local channels and dialplan configuration,
later I tried with retrydial, but I can't achieve waht I really want.
I'd like to have some application (or parameter to the Dial
application) which reproduces a given filename each fiven seconds of
time to the calling party.

I've been through the code (I'm not an expert Asterisk programmer) and
can't find the right place to implement this behaviour... should I do
it on the wait_for_answer function?

I'd be really happy to implement this, but first I need a little help
to start... :)

Thanks in advance!

--
Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de disketes."