[asterisk-dev] Quoting in AGI data

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sun Feb 1 00:35:23 CST 2009

Can someone from Digium please definitively say whether AGI data which
contains spaces should be quoted or not? I.e. which of the following
methods are correct?

A. SET VARIABLE CALLERID(name) Test User

B. SET VARIABLE CALLERID(name) "Test User"

We've found that some Asterisk machines seem to produce the following
incorrect header on an outdoing SIP Dial() after using method A:

From: "Test" <sip:101 at 1.2.3.4>;tag=as6cf271a2

but do not do it for method B, while other machines do it for method B
but not A. We have been unable to determine why there's a difference in
behaviour.

--
Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111