[asterisk-dev] No CDR for non-bridged outgoing calls

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Mon Dec 28 04:24:54 CST 2009

just use Dial(Local/${SOME_EXTEN}/n) for the outgoing call

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:08:16 -0800, Jim Gottlieb wrote
> I'm trying to bring all our systems a little closer to modernity, but I'm
hitting one show-stopper bug in trying to update from asterisk 1.2 to 1.4.24
(upgrading to 1.6 will require many changes as we use the C API).

> Basically, I have found that an outgoing call (made by dropping a file in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing) in 1.4 does not generate a CDR record for the
call it connects the dialed party to, unless it uses the Dial() command.  This
worked fine in 1.2.

> In other words, if we call someone, and then Dial() is used to connect them,
we get CDR.  But if we call someone and then just play them a recording or an
IVR tree, then no CDR is generated for the call.

> According to http://www.asterisk.org/node/48358 the generation of CDR in 1.4
was moved from the Hangup routine to ast_bridge_call, so I suspect the problem
is that these calls are never being handled in ast_bridge_call.  I've tried
using ResetCDR() and ForkCDR() with various options but still, no CDR is
generated.

> I've also tried doing an explicit Hangup() on the call (as opposed to having
the called party cause the call to end), but that doesn't help either.

> Short of dialing out to the PSTN and back in again, can someone think of a
way to fix this?  We need to be able to charge for these calls.